G-AGPG – c/n 1212
A brief Timeline.
March 1945 – built by A.V.Roe at Yeadon as a civilian Anson. Prototype Mk. XIX (combining the Mk. XI taller metal roof and the Mk. XII wings).
15/6/45 Registered as G-AGPG to A.V.Roe & Co. Ltd from their offices at Greengate, Middleton.
06/8/45 CofA issued
17/8/45 – Delivered to Woodford where she was used as a communications ‘hack’ between various Avro facilities and beyond.
1948/49 Converted to Mk.19, series 2 configuration (new metal wings and Cheetah Mk 17 engines)
11/7/61 Sold to Skyways Coach Air, Lympne, Kent. Used as company “hack”, ferrying management, crews and spares.
1967 Sold to PYE Telecommunications subdivision Ecko Electronics. She was fitted with the bulbous radome and used as the testbed for the Concorde E320 weather radar system.
13/12/71 CofA Expired and she was withdrawn from use at Southend after 1948hrs 23mins total flying time.
27/5/72 Purchased for the Historic Aircraft Museum at Southend.
1982 HAM closed and their collection was auctioned off.
10/5/83 She was auctioned, purchased by a French collector who planned to restore her to flight. Unfortunately the purchase fell through after she was damaged by vandals. She lay decaying at Southend.
1986 She was rescued and transported to the Brenzett Aeronautical Museum Kent and placed in external store.
1996 She was moved to Woodford to be inspected for possible restoration to static condition for MOSI. It was deemd too expensive to restore her.
06/2000 She was delivered to the Aeroplane Collection at Hooton Park and stored inside.
2003 She was transferred to the Hooton Park Trust
9/2011 Sold to Richard Parr for spares
11/2012 The nose section was purchased by Mike Davey.
1/2013 The restoration commenced. The first thing was to stabilise her and the custom blue frame was made for her. This allowed her to be moved onto trailers for displaying at shows.
5/12/2016 She was moved to the Avro Heritage Museum who purchased her and she is now installed in the main display hall.
More information to be added